HOME              Simone Heil

www.artshange.fr

mail@artshange.fr

KURZGESCHICHTEN: deutsch

NOUVELLES: français

SHORT STORIES: English

Original in German

Volume:  30 129 signs  ~  21 A4-pages of 1 500 signs

SHORT STORY: Beyond Love

 

Writer and Copyright: Simone Heil

Beyond Love

24 th to 31 th December 2012

 

    The 29-year-old Nina is perplexed. She is enrolled at the university in the eighth semester of humanities 'Oh, is not so important. She did not and does not want to interpret the works of others. She wants to create her own. At the age of 25 she restarted to paint after several years of interruption. She is together with the artisan Stefan. The disco encounter became a three-year binding. After four semesters of basic studies, she was not able to register for the intermediate examination. Too little certifications made. Study credit deletion. Since then, she functions more and more as a backup secretary. Jobs by lot number distributed by the student employment agency. No job interviews which frighten her. Sometimes she goes to the same office several times. A firm place, even with a contract, she still does not have it. She balances from time contract to time contract.

    Nina sits at the kitchen table in her small two-room apartment, and buries her face in her hands. She chokes down the rising tears. 'I must think of something. It's getting ever harder to come up with the money for the rent of my apartment since my study-credit was cancelled.' She posts an ad in the urban culture magazine: female roommate wanted. The demand is great. The role as decision-maker is unusual. Monday evening a man calls, although she is looking for a female roommate. She wants to get rid of him at first, but she finds his voice pleasant. She proposes him a conversation, together with another flat mate. The woman has been already there for half an hour, when it rings. Nina opens the door. In front of her stands a strikingly pale, almost black-haired man. His hair is slightly wavy, his dimly brown eyes sparkle somehow yellowish. His slender appearance is of an engaging elegance. Her own clothing tends to be poor, while that of his is peculiarly chic. His shy smile is engaging. Nina feels directly colorless next to him, which is rather ridiculous in the face of his dark pallor, as she immediately encourages herself. She asks him in. Now there's no turning back. She has to face the conversation. 'He will not move in here.' He is 28 and is studying biology, supposedly. He seems disoriented like her, but his parents finance his studies. His name is Ted.

    The female roommate quickly takes her leave face to the smart competitor. Nina does not know what to think of Ted. Likable yes, they also seem to swim in a similar thought sea. Nina has the feeling that something decisive in her life is going on. Ted underlines the urgency of his room search, which Nina cannot quite understand. Ted does not want to live with several in a student residence, but he also does not want to live alone. He does not want to be main tenant. All the men to whom he presented himself had said no and Nina should say yes, please. Nina hesitates. He proposes to issue a check for € 2000 as a rental security immediately if she makes a commitment to him right away. He also wants to take half of the rent, although the room to be rented by Nina is considerably smaller than hers. 2000 euros of rental security are tempting, but they also seduce to spent money in view of her budget shortage. She is not quite convinced of his integrity. She always has the impression that he is lying and hiding crucial things. Finally, she gives in. Even though not entirely convinced of his honesty, she is, however, persuaded of his amiability and that he needs urgently a room. She is greeted with a heartfelt smile that takes her out of the concept, if she had one. Once the money is on her account, she wants to call him. She has a roommate. She does not assume that he will please her boyfriend Stefan.

    Five days later, she calls Ted, who brings his belongings on the same day with a rental car. A slatted bed with a mattress, a table with chair, a small chest of drawers, one moving box with paperwork, two moving boxes with clothes, a super brand notebook. A lilac curtain envelops the window of his room the same evening. Nina und Ted sip both embarrassed at the sparkling wine. Nevertheless, the mood is surprisingly relaxed. She has overslept and therefore no work-seeking at the student employment office. There is early appearance required to get a low lot number. She looks at her mobile, no alarm clock set. There is a note from Ted on the kitchen table. 'I am working for a few days in another city, call you tomorrow evening.' So it will go on in the next months. Her roommate is constantly on the move, comes only for one or two nights and disappears again. When they meet, they understand each other without words. Everything is self-evident, no fear of each other. She begins to regret that he is so rarely there. But she does not seem to be alone with her regret. Many women call and ask for Ted. Always different, never the same. ... ... ...

INTERESTED TO READ FURTHER ?  -  CONTACT:  mail@artshange.fr

 

Deutsch

Français

English

ROMANE

ROMANS

NOVELS

GEDICHTE

POÈMES

POEMS

ESSAYS

ESSAIS

ESSAYS

 

 

 

home page